If you own a pub, restaurant, or other food-related business, you are constantly searching for new recipes that make you stand out from the crowd.
After all, everybody has mozzarella sticks and chicken tenders. To stand out from the crowd, you have to get more creative.
But it can be hard to come up with ideas–that’s why Pick On Us pulled together some ideas for using old recipes with a new and upscale twist! This article will help jumpstart your creativity so you can make your snacks a little classier.
Are you ready to set yourself apart from the crowd?
Let’s get started!
Why It’s Important To Have Unique Snacks At Your Bar Or Pub
If you own a bar or pub, people likely come your way looking for a quality beer, cocktail, or other alcoholic drink.
But they come for more than just the drinks.
They want a unique experience, complete with a nice ambiance and great food to complement their favorite drink–and if you run a truly great business, you’ll know how to give your customers an experience they won’t get anywhere else. That is why it’s important to put time and effort into your food as well as your drinks.
People get tired of getting the same old thing at every bar. They want something fresh and new, something with an upscale twist that makes them feel classy and luxurious.
So let’s move on to some super practical upscale pub snack ideas! In the next section, you’ll find plenty of ideas for taking old recipes and giving them a fresh, classy, new look.
Upgrades For 7 Common Pub Snacks
Are you ready to upgrade your snacks and make your pub the talk of the town?
Here are ideas for upscale variations of 7 ordinary bar and pub snacks. We’ll start by rethinking a real classic: nachos and dip!
Nachos are a staple at any bar or pub. Whether served with cheese, guac, or specialty dip, they’re a classic!
But what if you rethought them and tried:
- Truffle Lobster Nachos: Top tortilla chips with chunks of fresh lobster, avocado, and a truffle aioli sauce made with truffle oil, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Citrus Shrimp Nachos: Top nachos with citrus-marinated shrimp and fresh fruit for a sweet and salty crunch!
- Wagyu Beef Nachos: Top tortilla chips with thinly sliced Wagyu beef, shiitake mushrooms, and a wasabi and soy sauce drizzle.
And voila! Simple nachos can become a feast fit for a king.
Sliders are a staple for guests who want a light meal but aren’t hungry enough for an entire sandwich. They also offer limitless opportunities for creativity!
Some ideas for upscaling your sliders include:
- Lobster Roll Sliders: Use chunks of fresh lobster to create mini lobster rolls and top with a lemon and tarragon aioli sauce.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders: Layer chicken fingers, swiss cheese, and ham on buns and top with garlic butter and an optional creamy sauce.
- Caviar and Smoked Salmon Sliders: Use smoked salmon and caviar to create mini open-faced sandwiches, and top with a cream cheese and chive spread.
If you want to step up the presentation of your sliders, try a custom-printed skewer on top that lets people know exactly what is in their delicious slider!
French fries don’t come to mind when you think “class,” do they? But a little creativity can elevate even a simple french fry!
Here are some ideas to get the creative juices flowing:
- Poutine Fries: Top french fries with gravy, cheese curds, and fresh chives. For an upscale twist, use duck or truffle gravy and artisanal cheese curds.
- Parmesan Truffle Fries: Toss french fries in truffle oil, grated Parmesan cheese, and chopped fresh herbs such as thyme or rosemary.
- Duck Fat Fries: Fry french fries in duck fat until crispy and sprinkle with flaked sea salt and chopped fresh parsley.
Nothing is better than a deep-fried chicken wing smothered in barbecue sauce, right?
Well, maybe not until you try one of these slightly classier wing options:
- Miso Glazed Wings: Toss chicken wings in a sweet and savory miso glaze and serve with a side of pickled vegetables.
- Korean BBQ Wings: Toss wings in a sticky, sweet, and spicy Korean BBQ sauce made with gochujang, soy sauce, honey, and garlic. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
- Moroccan Harissa Wings: Marinate wings in a fragrant blend of harissa paste, lemon juice, olive oil, and a pinch of saffron. Serve with a cooling yogurt dipping sauce and fresh mint.
Perfect for drying out your mouth before your next sip, pretzels are a classic found in bars and pubs all over.
Here are a few ideas to reinvent the classic soft pretzel:
- Lobster and Truffle Pretzels: Serve soft pretzels with chunks of fresh lobster and a truffle aioli sauce.
- Caviar and Crème Fraîche Pretzels: Serve soft pretzels with a dollop of crème fraîche and a spoonful of caviar.
- Brie and Fig Pretzels: Stuff soft pretzels with brie cheese and top with luscious fig jam and crushed pistachios.
Is there really a need to rethink the mozzarella stick? You could wonder…why would you change something so utterly delicious?
But it might just get better! And remember, the goal is not simply to create delicious food, but to come up with unique, fascinating combinations that your customers won’t forget.
Here are some ideas for upscale mozzarella sticks:
- Burrata Sticks: Replace the standard mozzarella with creamy burrata cheese and serve with a side of pesto dipping sauce made with fresh basil, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese.
- Caprese Sticks: Skewer bite-sized mozzarella balls with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. Drizzle with a balsamic glaze and a sprinkle of sea salt flakes.
- Truffled Mozzarella Sticks: Roll mozzarella sticks in a mixture of panko breadcrumbs and finely grated Parmesan cheese. Fry until golden brown and sprinkle with a drizzle of truffle oil and chopped parsley.
Guests love to snack on popcorn while socializing over their drinks!
Here are a few ways to make your popcorn an even richer experience:
- Truffle Popcorn: Drizzle popcorn with truffle oil and sprinkle with finely grated parmesan cheese and chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme or rosemary.
- Gourmet Chocolate Popcorn: drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn and add chocolate chips, MnMs, or any other chocolate candy your heart desires.
- Matcha Popcorn: Coat popcorn in a sweet and savory matcha glaze made with honey, soy sauce, and matcha powder, and top with toasted sesame seeds.
See? Some creativity and imagination can transform common snacks like popcorn, french fries, and pretzels into the food of the gods!
Presenting Your Upscale Snacks
As any successful restaurateur knows, great food is only the first step. If you want to create a truly memorable experience, you also need a fantastic presentation.
Caviar and smoked salmon sliders served on a paper plate would be a vile desecration! And Truffle popcorn just wouldn’t be the same out of a red and white striped movie-theater-style bucket.
To serve such classy snacks, you need elegant serving ware. Here are a few ideas for presenting your snacks quickly and beautifully.
- Serve sliders, wings, nachos, and other meal-like snacks on disposable bamboo plates.
- Use a novel food cone for popcorn, peanuts, or other finger foods.
- Mark your foods with custom-printed skewers to add a unique touch to each dish.
- Skip the cheap plastic utensils and go for classy disposable wooden utensils instead.
- Serve your drinks with beautiful, eco-friendly straws.
- Bamboo food boats are another fun and novel way to serve various snacks!
- Individual tasting cups or tasting cones can be great for serving small, bite size appetizers or snacks.
- Some snacks are messy–give your customers a fun, custom-printed napkin for their sticky fingers.
- Give customers a classy eco-friendly takeout box for their leftovers.
Great food plus excellent presentation equals an experience your guests won’t forget in a hurry!
We hope this article helps jumpstart your imagination so you can get creative and give your recipes a new and classier twist!
If you are looking for classy ways to serve your new menu items, check out our products at Pick On Us.
We specialize in eco-friendly disposable restaurant supplies, including:
Check it all out on our website, or contact us today to learn more! We look forward to hearing from you.