Do you want to throw an unforgettable holiday party for your friends and family this year?
If so, Pick On Us would like to help out by giving you some tips and tricks for throwing a party--the easy way!
Are you ready to find out how you can throw an amazing bash with minimal effort?
- Start with a blank table (white tablecloth) pick a color scheme (2 colors and add a POP) I used white and light blue and a pop of red in the Winterberry Centerpiece. Remember that less is more, so keep things simple! White plates create a seamless look.
- Try a disposable runner using wrapping paper, inexpensive and there are so many beautiful options.
- Beautiful but simple centerpiece, white pitcher with Winterberry.
- Serve a signature cocktail.
- Vary heights to create more interest in your arrangement.
- Identify dishes (I used ornaments to make cute food tags. You could also use paper tags, or custom printed skewers).
- Start with plates at beginning of buffet and at the end of the buffet should be utensils and napkins.
- Opt for easy do-ahead dishes, stay away from hot appetizers that go uneaten once cold. General rule of thumb for appetizers are 3 per person. (Read our blog post on professional appetizer presentation for tips on how to best present your appetizers.)
½ oz maraschino cherry liquor
Maraschino cherries with stems
4 large flour tortillas (burrito size)
12 slices good quality chicken (or turkey) lunchmeat
¼ cup Caesar dressing (I like Marie’s brand, found in refrigerated produce section)
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
¼ cup packaged bacon crumbles (in place of croutons, adds flavor AND crunch)
About 3 cups of shredded Romaine lettuce or for a quick and easy tip use Iceberg lettuce shreds in a package
Spreadable cream cheese
Brie Pomegranate Pistachio Phyllo Cups
1 package phyllo cup (there are 15 per package)
Spreadable brie cheese (comes in plastic wedge container)
Pistachios (roughly chopped, can also buy them that way)
Place a heaping tablespoon of brie in phyllo cup. Warm in 300 degree oven for about 10 minutes top with a few pomegranate seeds and pistachios.
Smoked Trout Dip on Crostinis
Approx. 3-4 oz. smoke trout
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 ½ Tbls. sour cream
1 Tbls. fresh dill
1 ½ Tbls. capers
1 Tbls. lemon juice
1 small baguette
Mix together all ingredients (except smoked trout) to combine. Break up smoked trout and add to cream cheese mixture, mix to combine (I like the smoked trout a little chunky).
Slice baguette, brush with olive oil and bake 350 degrees for about 6-7 minutes so just slightly toasted. Spread trout on baguette rounds or to make it even easier serve smoked trout spread in bowl with crostini’s, garnish with dill sprig. Makes about 2 dozen individually topped crostini’s.
Santa Crunch Popcorn
8 cups cooked popcorn; salted and buttered
1 package red and green m&m’s
Mini gingerbread men
Mix all together serve in a large bowl with a scoop and provide small cups or bowls to scoop into. Other ideas; add sprinkles, mini holiday pretzels or mini marshmallow.
Sugar Snap Pea Wreath with Cherry Tomatoes
This dish is for the health-food people among you. :)
For a regular size plate, I used 2 packages of sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes. Arrange on plate and serve with your favorite dip (I used ranch).
Easy Chocolate Mousse
Gotta end with something sweet!
8 oz. Cool whip
11.5 oz. bag of chocolate chips (melt in double boiler or microwave)
2 Tbls. whiskey (or more to taste)
Whisk melted chocolate into cool whip, whisk in whiskey if desired. I served in small disposable dessert cups and served with a peppermint spoon. Servings depend on size of cup. Mini cups were about 1.2 oz cup servings.
If you want to throw a fabulous party this holiday season, give one or more of these tips and tricks a try!
If you want to see some of our toothpick and skewer products, check out our collections of products on the Pick On Us website. Some of our collections include:
And plenty more that you can check out on our website today!
Tree and Snowman picks – www.pickonus.com
Target – Wrapping paper runner, ornaments and wood base riser, cherries with stem
Party Store – Clear Dessert Cups
Amazon – Peppermint Spoons, plastic champagne glasses, gold 2 tiered servers, gold foil cups for popcorn
Trader Joe’s – Mini Gingerbread Men, red Winterberries for centerpiece
Jewel – Phyllo Cups
Entertaining Expert Carol Mackey